TGV OUIGO is now bookable for the scheduled start of operation on April 2nd, 2013.
This low cost high speed train offers tickets as low as 10 Euros (!!!) for a single ride from Paris to Marseilles in about the same time as a regular TGV (3 hours).
Of course the comfort will not be as high as in other trains. No buffet car, less space between the seats and three of them next to each other. Furthermore similar to low cost airlines extra luggage has to be paid extra.
I still don´t know what to think about this new business model. On the one hand it will certainly attract people to use the train instead of a plane but on the other the lack of comfort and travel culture bugs me a lot.
Let´s see how this will play out.
- philaquila reblogged this from tramriot
- philaquila likes this
- big-daft-lad likes this
- geostatopensatr reblogged this from jagneta
- almacendevega reblogged this from jagneta
- quite-a-character likes this
- notanotherfanpage reblogged this from motiveisloco and added:
- starstuffblog reblogged this from motiveisloco
- detty4 likes this
- azazelm0rdant reblogged this from motiveisloco and added:
- jickatrap likes this
- motiveisloco reblogged this from jagneta
- spellingmatters likes this
- mralwaysinmotion likes this
- jagneta reblogged this from abuserfriendly
- jagneta likes this
- huntsvillerailfan reblogged this from abuserfriendly
- huntsvillerailfan likes this
- abuserfriendly reblogged this from tramriot and added:
- abuserfriendly likes this
- pierre-tgv-v150 likes this
- thestilllwaters likes this
- tramriot posted this